Copy Cat ~ Seafood-Stuffed Mushrooms via Joe's Crab Shack
Tender mushrooms loaded with seafood stuffing and topped with Monterey Jack cheese, serve with garlic toast, for dipping.
16 Large Mushroom Caps
1 1/4 Cup Seafood-Stuffing (see below)
1 Cup Store Bought Alfredo Sauce
1/4 Cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
1. Place the mushroom caps, stem side up, in a baking dish
2. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the hot seafood-stuffing into each cap
3. Pour the alfredo sauce over the stuffed mushrooms
4. Sprinke the Monterey Jack cheese over the top
5. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, until the top is brown.
How to make the Joe's Crab Shack Seafood Stuffing:
1/2 bunch celery trimmed and diced
3 large onions, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 tablespoons margarine, melted
8 ounces pollack fillets
8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and chopped
1 ounce shrimp soup base
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 cups plain croutons
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
8 ounces crab claw meat
1. Saute the celery, onions, and garlic in the margarine until translucent.
2. Add the pollack and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. The fish is done when it separates into flakes and appears opaque throughout
3. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes
4. Drain most, but not all, of the liquid from the pan.
5. Stir in the shrimp soup base and the cayenne and white peppers.
6. Fold in the croutons and bread crumbs.
7. Fold in the crab meat