Johnny Carino's Fish Tacos Copy-Cat Recipe:
- 2 lb mild, white-fleshed fish, cut on bias to ½" x ½" squares
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tspn minced garlic
- 2 tspn ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 flour tortillas
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup fresh pico de gallo
- Marinate the small fish slices in the refrigerator in the olive oil, garlic, cumin, peppers and onions for a minimum of 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook the fish quickly in a hot sautépan, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas. Set a flour tortilla on a dish, followed by a corn tortilla. Spoon fish slices onto the tortillas, followed by chopped cilantro and then by shredded cabbage. Top with pico de gallo.